Gulfcoast: Carotid Stenosis Assessment
Carotid Stenosis Assessment Training Video is designed to provide an overview of carotid duplex/color flow imaging techniques and criteria to diagnose cerebrovascular disease. The lecture includes how to analyze the spectral Doppler waveform characteristics, integration of routine measurements, and carotid case presentations. The participant will be able to apply current diagnostic criteria to evaluate carotid stenosis and other associated abnormalities after viewing this video.
- Hemodynamic Effects of Stenosis
- Diagnostic Criteria: Peak Systolic Velocity, End-Diastolic Velocity, ICA/CCA Ratio: What do the Numbers Mean?
- Understanding the NASCET Trial Results for Stenosis Assessment
- How to Categorize Cerebrovascular Disease
- Examination Documentation Required by IAC for Vascular Lab Accreditation
- Accurately Apply the Diagnostic Criteria
- How to Structure a Final Report
- Identify normal and abnormal Doppler waveforms for all the extracranial cerebrovascular vessels – CCA, ECA, ICA and Vertebral.
- Integrate imaging, color Doppler, and spectral Doppler data to identify cerebrovascular disease.
- Apply diagnostic criteria for accurately categorizing stenosis.
- Improve knowledge and competence to integrate the skills learned into clinical practice.
Physicians, sonographers and other medical professionals involved with performing and/or interpreting vascular ultrasound examinations. Physician participants may include (but is not limited to): vascular surgery, radiology, cardiology, internal medicine, primary care, and general surgery
Price : $15