CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state-of-the-art equipment to record our Live Virtual Webinar August 2022 comprehensive Surgical Critical Care Review Course and bring it to you! These video files are stored “in the cloud,” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to them on your phone or computer. Your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity but without travel costs and time away from your practice. Included with each online review is a downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the lectures for your use while viewing or as a free-standing study or clinical practice guide.
This comprehensive review will update your clinical knowledge base and help you pass your Surgical Critical Care Certifying Exam. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating current best practice concepts, surgical approaches, preoperative evaluation, and clinical follow-up strategies. As a result, it provides a good review for your ABS sub-specialty exam and a thorough Surgical Critical Care review for physicians. Many of our previous learners found the course provided them with improved diagnostic and management strategies and a better understanding of the best surgical approach for the principal areas covered by Critical Care Surgeons. In addition, they helped them recognize areas of weakness for self-study. You will also come away with valuable insights and practical tips to apply immediately to your practice.
At the conclusion of this course each participant will be able to:
– Summarize the principles of comprehensive care for the critically ill patient – both surgical and non-surgical
– Describe preoperative, operative and postoperative management of patients with multi- system illnesses including the cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrinologic, renal, hepato- biliary and hematologic systems
– Demonstrate an understanding of traumatic injuries for all major organ systems
– Discuss life-threatening pediatric conditions and the special issues involved in the management of critically ill pediatric patients
– Discuss the leadership skills necessary to direct multi-disciplinary coordinated care of the critically ill patient
Details : 24 Videos , 1 PDF
Price : $ 90