CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state-of-the-art equipment to record our Live Virtual Webinar April 2021 comprehensive Surgical Critical Care Review Course and bring it to you! These Video/Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to on your phone, computer – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice. Included with each online review is a downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Video/Audio lectures for your use while viewing or as a free-standing study or clinical practice guide.
This comprehensive review is designed to update your clinical knowledge base as well as to help you pass your Surgical Critical Care Certifying Exam. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating current best practice concepts, surgical approaches, preoperative evaluation, and clinical follow-up strategies. As a result, it provides a good review for your ABS sub-specialty exam as well as providing a thorough Surgical Critical Care review for physicians in practice. Many of our previous learners found the course provided them with improved diagnostic and management strategies, a better understanding of the best surgical approach for the principal areas covered by Critical Care Surgeons, and helped them recognize areas of weakness for self-study. You will also come away with valuable insights and practical tips to immediately apply to your own practice.
At the conclusion of this course each participant will be able to:
– Summarize the principles of comprehensive care for the critically ill patient – both surgical and non-surgical
– Describe preoperative, operative and postoperative management of patients with multi- system illnesses including the cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrinologic, renal, hepato- biliary and hematologic systems
– Demonstrate an understanding of traumatic injuries for all major organ systems
– Discuss life-threatening pediatric conditions and the special issues involved in the management of critically ill pediatric patients
– Discuss the leadership skills necessary to direct multi-disciplinary coordinated care of the critically ill patient
Details : 20 Videos , 1 PDF
Price : $ 60