2019 HFSA Annual Scientific Meeting
Following this meeting, attendees will be able to:
1. Describe the epidemiology of HF and implement strategies for the prevention of HF.
2. Discuss the current scientific basis of HF from the perspectives of cardiovascular physiology, neurohormones, tissue factors, molecular biology, and genetics.
3. Identify the findings of basic science research and current clinical trials and describe their implications for current and future HF therapy.
4. Implement optimal guideline-based therapeutic options for HF, including pharmacologic agents, non-pharmacologic options, such as diet and exercise; and implantable devices.
5. Manage comorbidities including hypertension, diabetes, depression, sleep apnea, and chemotherapy.
6. Demonstrate awareness of psychosocial, economic, regulatory, and ethical issues in the treatment of patients with HF.
7. Implement strategies for effective management of the patient with HF, incorporating the family, encouraging selfcare, and employing the team approach.
8. Outline strategies for transitioning patients from impatient to outpatient care and for reducing hospital readmissions.
9. Engage in performance measurement and other site-based research.
10. Outline strategies for more effective communication. Specific learning objectives for each of the scientific sessions and satellite symposia are listed in the meeting app.
The 2019 scientific program contains content that addresses the following ABMS core competencies:
• Patient care
• Medical knowledge
• Interpersonal and communications skills
• Systems-based practice
• Sessions also address the following ABIM specified competency areas in advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology:
• Epidemiology and risk factors
• Pathophysiology of heart failure
• Hemodynamics and hemodynamic monitoring
• Heart failure and normal ejection fraction
• Heart failure with renal dysfunction / cardiorenal syndrome
• Diagnostic tests and procedures
• Acute decompensation of chronic heart failure
• Subset of patients with heart failure, including women, the elderly, and different racial or ethnic groups
• Heart failure comorbidities
• Heart failure and pregnancy
• Implantable devices
• Heart transplant
• Mechanical circulator support
• End-of-Life Issues
Details : 61 Videos (.mp4)
Size : 15.7 Gb
Price : $ 50