Pre-hospital ultrasound can be a valuable tool to rapidly diagnose a variety of conditions associated with trauma and/or critically ill patients, including those who potentially have the COVID-19 virus. Pre-Hospital focused evaluation of the heart, lungs, and abdomen can provide a rapid and safe method to improve the time to diagnose and/or treat these patients resulting with increased patient safety, satisfaction, and over-all improved patient outcomes in time-sensitive situations.
- Imaging Fundamentals
- Abdominal Scanning Fundamentals
- Focused Ultrasound Evaluation of the Abdominal Aorta
- E-FAST (Abdominal Trauma and basic lung)
- Thoracic Ultrasound: Basic and Advanced Techniques (pneumothorax, pneumonia/consolidation, pulmonary edema)
- Cardiac Anatomy/Physiology
- Focused Cardiac Ultrasound
- Rapid Ultrasound in Shock and Hypotension (RUSH)
- Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Vascular Access
- Increase participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret focused pre-hospital/emergency ultrasound examinations.
- State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
- Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (E-FAST exam) and pneumothorax.
- Demonstrate lung ultrasound techniques for evaluation of pneumothorax, pneumonia/consolidation, and pulmonary edema.
- Perform scan protocols for focused evaluation of the aorta and adult heart.
- State an algorithm for uses of bedside ultrasound during cardiac arrest, shock & hypotension.
- Outline scan techniques for performing ultrasound guided peripheral vascular access
Details : 9 Videos
Price : $ 75