Date of Original Release: May 28, 2021
Date Credit Expires for this program: 365 Days from Date of Purchase or no later than May 28, 2024
Online Streaming Access
Access to online streaming course is available for 365 days from the date of purchase. Credit and MOC must be claimed within that time period. Course PDF materials are available for download.
This comprehensive online course will give you a personalized and adaptive learning curriculum that is available anytime you want to access it. Well-known experts and recognized educators comprised of Mayo Clinic faculty, in each field of echocardiography will give in-depth didactic lectures pertaining particularly to the integration of echocardiographic data into clinical practice. It will give you the confidence to pass the initial exam or recertification as it is built out to the NBE handbook, and most importantly enables you to bring the most current medical knowledge back to your daily practice.
The course topics focus on the essential review and update on ultrasound principles, valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease, systemic disease, cardiomyopathies, congenital heart disease, cardiac masses, pericardial disease and newer applications of echocardiography. This online course has a focused emphasis on the NBE examination format covering the entire field of Echocardiography including ultrasound physics, 2-D and M-Mode, hemodynamics, valvular heart disease, ischemic heart disease, heart failure and cardiomyopathies, pericardial disease, congenital heart disease, and newer imaging techniques.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• State basic physical principles of ultrasound and instrumentation.
• Correlate cardiac gross pathology with echocardiographic images.
• Evaluate cardiac chamber size, left ventricular systolic and diastolic function, and right ventricular systolic function.
• Analyze and interpret echocardiographic-derived hemodynamic data.
• Interpret transesophageal images and distinguish attributes and limitations versus transthoracic echocardiography.
• Evaluate acute and chronic ischemic heart disease using standard and stress echocardiography.
• Diagnose etiology and severity of native and prosthetic valvular heart disease.
• Distinguish causes of heart failure, cardiomyopathies, and pericardial disease.
• Diagnose cardiac masses.
• Diagnose diseases of the aorta.
• Identify echocardiographic features of systemic disease with associated cardiac involvement.
• Integrate new echocardiographic techniques.
• Quantify etiology and severity of native and prosthetic valvular heart disease.
• Differentiate causes of heart failure, cardiomyopathies, and pericardial disease.
• Differentiate cardiac masses.
• Distinguish diseases of the aorta.
This enduring program is designed for, but not limited to, cardiologists, echocardiographers, anesthesiologists, cardiac surgeons, and cardiology fellows. Participants with working knowledge of echocardiographic techniques and applications will benefit most from this program.
Price : $ 100