Focused Echocardiography Online Course is designed to provide an in-depth review of the Focused 2D Echocardiography examination for evaluation of the emergency and/or critically ill patient. This course is also useful for bedside echocardiography to determine if further evaluation is needed.
- Imaging Fundamentals for Echocardiography
- Anatomy of the Heart and EKG
- The 2D Evaluation of Cardiac Anatomy
- Introduction to Cardiac Doppler Ultrasound – Two Parts
- 2-D, Color and Doppler Echocardiography Protocol
- Live Demo 2D and Color Flow Doppler
- Pericardial Disease
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Heart Failure
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Coronary Artery Disease
- Focused Cardiac Ultrasound: Differential Diagnosis of Shock in Trauma
- Case Studies
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Focused Echocardiography examinations.
- Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images and recognize potential imaging errors.
- Identify normal/abnormal characteristics of 2D cardiac anatomy and state the role of cardiac Doppler and list the necessary qualitative/quantitative measurements.
- Identify the ultrasound findings associated with cardiomyopathies, ischemic heart disease, pericardial disease and shock & hypotension.
- Document findings and apply standardized guidelines during compilation of an Echocardiography worksheet (sonographer) and dictated report (physician).
Details : 11 Videos