Stay current in your practice with up-to-date strategies for your patients with neurological and behavioral health conditions.
Recorded at an AAFP live course, the AAFP’s Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician Self-Study Package is an evidence-based, focused learning solution built to help you keep your practice current. Topics include ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, eating disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, neuropathic pain, sleep disorders, and more—on a schedule that works best for you—with supplemental learning activities in a variety of formats.
Upon completion of this CME activity, you should be able to:
- Develop evidence-based, primary care strategies for common neurological conditions in the care of patients, including Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, neuropathic pain, movement disorders, concussions, seizures, sleep disorders, and more.
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat, and manage common behavioral health conditions seen in primary care, including depression and anxiety disorders, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, eating disorders, PTSD, substance abuse, and more.
- Educate and counsel patients on behavior modification strategies to reduce risks of complications and improve outcomes related to their neurological and/or behavioral health.
- Provide effective care coordination when specialist referral is required.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to disease management, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorders
- Dementia and Delirium
- Depression Screening and Management
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Diagnosis and Treatment
- Gait Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Injections for Peripheral Nerve Entrapment
- Neuropathic Pain
- Opioid Abuse Identification and Treatment: Matthew’s Story
- Parkinson’s Update
- Peripheral Nerve Entrapments
- Psychological Evaluation and Mental Status Examination
- Seizures Disorders in Children and Adults
- Sleep Disorders and Insomnia Evaluation and Management of Chronic Insomnia
- Substance Abuse
- Trauma Informed Care
Price : $ 70