CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state-of-the-art equipment to record our Live Virtual Webinar March 2023 comprehensive Family Medicine Review Course and bring it to you! These Video files are stored “in the cloud,” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to them on your phone, computer, or tablet – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity but without travel costs and time away from your practice. In addition, a downloadable copy of the syllabus corresponds to the Video lectures for your use while viewing or as a free-standing study or clinical practice guide.
This comprehensive review is designed to help you pass your ABFM exams (initial certification and recertification) and update your clinical knowledge base. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine (EBM) and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating new concepts, strategies, and treatments. This review includes lectures that cover the entire field of Family Medicine, including clinically relevant lectures on Statistics & the basics of EBM, Medical Ethics, Professionalism, and Patient Safety. In addition, the live course was run in a rapid-fire format to target a more significant percentage of the board and practice-relevant information. It includes Q&A examples embedded into each lecture. Many of our previous learners found the online course provided them with improved diagnostic and testing strategies, a better understanding of all major disease entities relevant to the general practice of Family Medicine and helped them recognize specific areas of knowledge weakness for further self-study.
At the conclusion of this course each participant will be able to:
- Discuss updated patient management strategies for the following areas: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Surgery, Gynecology, Community Medicine, Geriatrics, Adolescent Medicine, and Sport Medicine
- Confidently interpret laboratory findings, EKG, and other graphic representations of body function for specific patient presentations.
- Demonstrate increased competence in diagnosing and managing chronic diseases such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia.
- Recognize when to refer patients to a specialist to provide the best patient care.
- Implement comprehensive immunization programs for infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Recognize and provide appropriate treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Effectively utilize pharmacology guidelines and prescription drug management strategies.
- Apply improved clinical understanding to communicate diagnosis and treatment options to patients and caregivers effectively.
- Translate evidence-based clinical guidelines discussed in the practice of Family Medicine.
Details : 79 MP4 + 6 PDF files
Price : $ 80