Upon completion of the activity, participants will demonstrate improved competence and ability to:
For the Certification Examination in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology:
- Identify gaps in knowledge about advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology
- Focus study efforts on filling identified knowledge gaps
- Practice for the certification examination with ABIM-style multiple-choice test questions
For Clinical Practice:
- Describe the epidemiology of heart failure, including environmental factors, and implement strategies for the prevention of heart failure
- Describe the pathophysiology of heart failure, including normal physiology and compensatory and maladaptive mechanisms
- Assess and follow the patient with acute or advanced heart failure, using non-invasive and invasive tests and biomarkers.
- Implement guideline-based therapy for patients with chronic heart failure, including pharmacologic agents; non-pharmacologic options, such as diet and exercise; and implantable devices
- Implement appropriate care strategies for patients undergoing chemotherapy or with pulmonary hypertension, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction, or cardiorenal syndrome.
- Manage comorbidities in patients with chronic heart failure, including sleep disordered breathing, anemia, and depression
- Implement strategies for effective disease management of the patient with advanced heart failure, including palliative care and transition to outpatient care
- Provide peri-operative management of heart failure patients undergoing cardiac transplantation or implantation of a mechanical circulatory device
- Concise presentations by national experts will focus on blueprint content and will be augmented by board-review type questions posed using an audience-response system.
Price : $ 60