2020 ASCeXAM/ReASCE Review Course
After much consideration, the decision has been made to transition the live 2020 ASCeXAM/ReASCE Review Course to be offered online as a Virtual Experience.
This course will be available starting on Saturday, May 9 and will offer access to recordings and PDF slides of all scheduled presentations, including physics. This is not a live streamed event.
There will be a live Q&A webinar on Saturday, August 22 and Sunday, August 23, from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Eastern Time, where faculty will answer questions from registrants. Questions can be submitted in advance using a form that will be emailed to all registrants when the recordings are available. Faculty will also answer questions submitted live during the event. The live Q&A sessions will be recorded and available to registrants in the virtual library that you will have access to for three years.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be better able to:
- Explain the essential physical principles of cardiac ultrasound.
- Recognize common ultrasound artifacts and their genesis.
- Estimate systolic function using standard M-mode and 2D echocardiography, as well as newer modalities such as strain imaging and 3D echocardiography.
- Identify and quantitate valvular heart disease severity.
- Describe the application of Doppler in the assessment of hemodynamics and diastolic function.
- Perform clinically relevant calculations of valve areas and intracardiac pressures.
- Explain proven techniques for interpreting stress echocardiographic examinations.
- Differentiate features of cardiac tamponade, constrictive pericarditis and restrictive cardiomyopathy.
- List appropriate applications of echocardiography.
- Recognize newer applications of echocardiography such as myocardial contrast.
Topics And Speakers:
Aortic Regurgitation, Aortic Prosthesis, Cardiac Masses, Myocardial Infarction, and Interventional Echocardiography
- Cardiac Masses
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
- Evaluation of Aortic Prosthesis
- Primer of Interventional Echocardiography
- Quantitation of Aortic Regurgitation
Contrast, Congenital Heart Disease
- Different Variants of Aortic Stenosis
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Mitral Valve Prostheses
- Echocardiography in Systemic Disease
- How to Assess Aortic Stenosis New Guidelines 1
- How to Assess Aortic Stenosis New Guidelines
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Which Formulas Should I Know For the Exam
- Board Review Questions Aortic Stenosis, Mankad
- Board Review Questions Aortic Stenosis, Rigolin
- Board Review Questions Mitral Valve Prostheses, Lester
- Board Review Questions Systemic Disease, Mankad
Physics, Knobology, Artifacts, Right Ventricular Function
- Artifacts Theory and Illustrative Examples
- Basic Ultrasound Physics
- Concepts of Imaging and Knobology
- Evaluation of the Right Ventricle
- Fundamentals in Doppler Physics
- More formulas I Need to Know for the Exam
- Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valve Disease New Guidelines
- Board Review Questions Artifacts, Keane
- Board Review Questions Doppler Physics, Zagzebski
- Board Review Questions ImagingKnobology, Patil
- Board Review Questions Right Ventricle, Rigolin
- Board Review Questions TricuspidPulmonary Valve Disease, Addetia
- Board Review Questions Ultrasound Physics, Zagzebski
Spectral Doppler, Deformation, Stress Echo, Mitral Stenosis, Mitral Valve Disease
- Deformation Imaging
- Degenerative Mitral Valve Disease
- Functional Mitral Valve Disease
- Mitral Stenosis
- Quantification of Mitral Regurgitation New Guidelines
- Spectral Doppler and M-Mode Echo Cases
- Stress Echocardiography Theoretical and Practical Considerations
Price : $ 80