COURSE OVERVIEW/STATEMENT OF NEED
To help you prepare for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Cardiovascular Disease certification exam, the American College of Cardiology (ACC) offers an intensive Board certification review course at which attendees receive a broad and in-depth summary of the cardiovascular disease curriculum. This detailed, comprehensive course follows the ABIM examination blueprint and emphasizes pathogenesis, pathophysiology, natural history, epidemiology and evidence-based guidelines for diagnostic assessment and clinical management.
This four-and-a-half-day course includes exam-oriented lectures delivered by expert faculty members, case-based reviews, online practice exam questions for general cardiology, electrophysiology and electrocardiography, as well as interactive case studies and question challenges using an audience response system. The system also facilitates real-time question submission that lecturing faculty respond to. By the course’s end, participants have the tools and knowledge necessary to analyze Board-style questions in preparation for the exam.
Why you should attend even if you’re not studying for the Boards:
Even if you’re not up for recertification anytime soon, this course is an excellent choice for cardiovascular healthcare professionals who:
- Specialize in one particular area of cardiology and need a convenient way to stay updated on other areas.
- Appreciate organized, focused presentations from experts. Our lecturers will keep you engaged!
- Have limited time to travel and need everything from just one course. Experience the benefits of a national conference without the stress of planning your time.
- Want to earn all of their CME and MOC credit at once – 40+ credits.
More than 1/3 of attendees come to this course just to refresh their knowledge – join them in 2018!
Additional Optional Learning Opportunities
Round out your review with these additional opportunities. As part of the course, you will be able to:
- Receive online access to more than 300 exam-related questions for practice review
- Attend optional evening case-based sessions
- Participate in Learning Labs to improve your cardiac auscultation skills with Heart Songs and your ECG interpretation skills with ACC’s ECG Drill & Practice products
- Take a Simulated Board exam to gain experience answering ABIM style questions and to help you identify your areas of strength and weakness
Goal and Learner Objectives
Anchoring on the ABIM Board Certification Blueprint, the overall goal of this course is to review and assess participants’ knowledge and competency in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease in preparation for the initial Board certification or recertification.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to —
- Identify appropriate prevention, diagnostic, treatment and management decisions in the care of cardiovascular disease
- Summarize recent ACC/AHA Practice Guidelines as they pertain to the practice of cardiovascular medicine
- Identify the primary cardiovascular disease states as outlined by the ABIM blueprint
|Medical Content Category||% of Exam|
|Coronary Artery Disease||23%|
|Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy||17%|
|Congenital Heart Disease||5%|
|Systemic Hypertension and Hypotension||7%|
|Pulmonary Circulation Disorders||5%|
|Systemic Disorders Affecting the Circulatory System||3%|
- Demonstrate ECG, imaging and clinical diagnostic interpretation skills
- Demonstrate familiarity with the scope of the ABIM examination, including multiple choice questions, format and relevant answer sheets
This course is intended for cardiovascular specialists, physicians, and fellows-in-training who are preparing for initial board certification or recertification or who are seeking an in-depth review of general cardiology.
2 Coronary Artery Disease
3 Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies
4 Valvular Disease
5 Pericardial Disease
6 Congenital Heart Disease
7 Vascular Diseases
8 Systemic Hypertension and Hypotension
9 Pulmonary Circulation Disorders
10 Systemic Disorders Affecting the Circulatory System
Details : 157 Files
Price : $ 50