Designed to help family physicians provide the best care to their elderly patients, the AAFP Geriatric Medicine for the Family Physician Self-Study Package is an evidence-based, learning solution built to help you better identify various medical and mental health issues in this patient population—on a schedule that works best for you—in a variety of formats.
This dynamic, 25-session video self-study was recorded from the AAFP’s Geriatric Medicine live course. Use it to better prepare for the Geriatric module of the ABFM Family Medicine Certification Examination, while also staying on the leading edge of emerging public health topics that may concern your geriatric patients.
Upon completion of this CME activity, you should be able to:
1. Improve adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines in practice.
2. Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose, treat and manage common clinical conditions seen among the geriatric population.
3. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with the patient to ensure that diagnosis and treatment recommendations are understood.
4. Recognize when to refer to, or consult with, other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
– Alzheimer’s Dementia: Diagnosis & Management
– Anticoagulants for VTE Prevention & Treatment
– Atrial Fibrillation
– Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) & Prostate Update
– Billing, Coding & Payment Reform: Part 1
– Billing, Coding & Payment Reform: Part 2
– Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
– Chronic Pain in Older Adults
– Depression Screening & Management
– Diabetes Update
– Elder Abuse & Neglect
– End-of-Life Care
– Exercise for the Geriatric Patient: Morbidity & Injury Prevention
– Geriatric Polypharmacy High Risk Medication Use & Deprescribing
– Heart Failure
– Hypertension Update: How Low To Go?
– Immunizations for Travel
– Nutrition Supplements & Herbal Therapies
– Parkinson Disease Update
– Sleep Disorders: Insomnia
– Statins: Recommendations for Older Adults
– STEADI Initiative: Promoting Older Adult Health & Wellness Through Falls Prevention
– Stroke & TIA
– Urinary Incontinence in Women
Details : 25 Videos , 25 MP3 , 25 PDF
Price : $ 70