The purpose of this CME activity is to review fundamentals of head & neck, brain and spine imaging, as well as some advanced topics of increasing importance in clinical practice. The head & neck section focuses on anatomy, inflammation and neoplasia of the suprahyoid and infrahyoid neck and aerodigestive tract, and will additionally cover topics in orbital and skull base imaging. Brain lectures include tumors, white matter disease, and both traumatic and non-traumatic emergencies, while spine lectures cover degenerative, neoplastic and traumatic pathology. Each lecture highlights imaging techniques, normal anatomy and common pathology with an emphasis on how the imaging findings directly affect patient management. Frequently missed diagnoses and strategies for error avoidance is also discussed. Case based review sessions enforce didactic material.
This CME activity is designed for general radiologists who wish to gain a better understanding of head & neck, brain and spine imaging, as well as neuroradiologists desiring a comprehensive review of currently relevant imaging topics in the head & neck. Otolaryngologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists and other physicians who care for patients with head & neck and neurologic disorders should also find this program beneficial.
At the completion of this CME teaching activity, you should be able to:
- Identify normal anatomy and common pathology of the suprahyoid and infrahyoid neck.
- Appreciate the relevant findings in both pre- and post-operative imaging of upper aerodigestive tract malignancies.
- Recognize types and imaging characteristics of infectious and neoplastic processes of the brain and spine.
- Describe both traumatic and non-traumatic emergencies of the brain, spine and head & neck.
- Integrate current stroke imaging protocols and discuss evolving techniques utilized prior to treatment.
- Utilize appropriate nomenclature for spine degenerative disease and appropriate technique for image-guided lumbar puncture.
No special educational preparation is required for this CME activity.
Details : 24 Videos
Price : $ 80