1. Epidemiology: why is pleural disease becoming more common?
2. The pathophysiology of breathlessness and other symptoms associated with pleural effusions
3. In vitro and in vivo laboratory models
4. Radiology: what is the role of chest radiographs, CT and PET in modern management?
5. Thoracic ultrasound: a key tool beyond procedure guidance
6. Pleural interventions: less is more?
7. Pleural physiology: what do we understand and what should we measure in clinical practice?
8. Medical thoracoscopy in 2020: essential and future techniques
9. Optimal diagnosis and treatment of malignant pleural disease: challenging the guidelines
10. Pleural infection: moving from treatment to prevention
11. Effusions related to TB
12. Pneumothorax: how to predict, prevent and cure
13. Nonspecific pleuritis
14. Nonmalignant pleural effusions: are they as benign as we think?
15. Mesothelioma: is chemotherapy alone a thing of the past?
16. Novel technology: more than just indwelling pleural catheters
17. The role of surgery
18. The specialist pleural service: when, why and who?
Published: 2020-03-01DOI: 10.1183/2312508X.erm8720ISBN electronic: 978-1-84984-116-0
- Format : EPUB
- Price : $ 15